Backend Developer, Menlo Park, CA
What is CarDash? CarDash is a full service automotive concierge provider that eliminates the hassle of auto service, care, and maintenance. We pick up your car from your home or work in the morning, deliver it to a trusted service center in our network, oversee the service, and bring it back to you that same afternoon. You simply go about your day like normal while we take care of everything for you.
Our relationships and volume discounts with service centers allows us to offer you a competitive price, often less than what you would pay if you spent the time taking the car in yourself.
We believe in hard work and high achievement. We don't promise an easy job but we do promise you will be joining an ambitious and capable team that cares about results, generating customer value, and looking after each other. We are all individually accountable for our successes and failures, but we also know that great output is only produced in a collaborative environment which fosters knowledge-sharing. The whole is always greater than the parts, and we seek to accrue cumulative gains through a carefully balanced combination of individual incentives and structured collectivism.
- Autonomous full-stack engineer capable of pushing out reams of high-quality code.
- Don’t require hand-holding and are able to meet tight start-up deadlines.
- Feel most comfortable working alongside high performing developers.
- You get bored quickly if you don't feel like you are growing.
- You build bridges to your team-mates so that information flows quickly up/down stream.
- You thrive on clear objectives and autonomy.
- You quietly consider yourself an A player, and appreciate individual accountability.
- You take pride in your achievements but you don't take yourself too seriously.
- You are constantly reading and learning, and always tinkering with the latest tools.
- You value independent results-based decision-making, and don't follow the herd.
- Backend built with Node, GraphQL, Apollo, and Serverless.
- Native app built with React Native, Redux, and Apollo.
- Statically-hosted (CloudFront) React frontend using Redux and Apollo for state and data management.
- Strong in: AWS, GraphQL, DevOps.
- Nice to have: Managing small teams of engineers, Knowledge of statistics / ML
- Experience building and scaling consumer products.
- Experience developing and launching products into a production environment.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with a service-oriented team.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- 4+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL.
- 4+ years of experience with functional languages like Ruby, Python, Elixir etc.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science (or equivalent practical experience).
- Prior/recent start-up experience